25 Feb 2015, 09:30
- The Fold manifesto : why the page fold still matters ; even if we get used to scroll, we need to be encourage to do it. Thus the fold is strategic to convince the user to make the effort to go beyond this limit ; whatever the size of the device is (RWD included).
CoreOS, Docker & co
- Discover Docker; another blog from OCTO, about CoreOS. So if you don't know about CoreOS, Etcd and Fleet, the article is for you so that you have an overview of what is CoreOS.
- Nuxeo made a summary of their use of CoreOS (including Fleet & Etcd), Docker and the tools they build for Nuxeo.io platform. Very interesting summary.
- If you are interested in minimalist OS, this post on Docker blog mentions "of course" CoreOS but also Ubuntu Snappy Core (Ubuntu based) or Project Atomic (closed to RedHat/CentOS/Fedora system).
- Making a complete polyfill for the HTML5 details element : if you were to bridge the gap by providing a feature a browser does not include, it is very interesting to see the how it is done from a methodological point of view.
- Improve your lists with style ! Now that counters are "stylable", you can do a lot of things to improve the rendering of your lists (no more bullet points but some shiny icon ?, manage padding, etc). HAve a look at the demo (requires a modern browser)