- A 2 part blog post serie (part 1, part 2) to learn the genese of Kafka within LinkedIn before being opensourced and hosted by the Apache foundation ; always interesting to know the first use cases the software was built for and how it became the distributing messaging system we now know. It also stand current use cases for Kafka.
- Putting Apache Kafka to use : a practical guide to building a streaming data platform (part 1 ; part 2) : the first part is about the shift to the event based approach and the definition of a streaming data platform. The second part is about about implementation best practices.
- A kafka presentation from MixIt event (in French), which introduces Kafka and how it is used at EDF for the "Linky" device (energy monitor)
ElasticSearch / Logstash / Kibana
- Elastic released a lot of things :
- ElasticSearch 2.0 with especially new aggregations and the merge of query and filter in a single query mechanism.
- Kibana 4.2 : a new dark theme, a new map provider and a few other options.
- Marvel 2.0 (monitoring) : now buiilt on top of Kibana ; It is now free in a single cluster context but a commercial license is still required in a multi-cluster context.
- Sense 2.0 (Query editor) : also built on top of Kibana, it ease the way to query your cluster.
- Logstash 2.0 with mainly the support of ElasticSearch 2.0 I would say and other improvements.
- ElasticSearch for Apache Hadoop 2.2
- ... and other commercial products too (Shield, Watcher, etc)
- If you prefer Grafana over Kibana, you can use the former on top or ElasticSearch starting from 2.5 releaase. A lot of other things included in this 2.5 release.
- Gotchas when upgrading to ElasticSearch 2.0
- Summary of ElasticOn & ElasticSearch 2.0 (in French)