Ergonomy / User Experience
- The best icon is a text label : a reminder that icon must be meaningful, with some examples of do's/don'ts and at the end that a text label may be more accurate than an icon.
Over the 4 years we have slowly moved away from device specific breakpoints in favour of content specific breakpoints, i.e. adding a breakpoint when the content is no longer easy to consume (whatever the device is).
- Redis the key/value store and cache is to be released as 3.0 with a new feature : cluster mode ; you can start discovering the cluster in French or in English.
- Karlesnine published a series of articles (in French) on how he monitors apache log files by using ElasticSearch, LogStash, Kibana and Redis as an intermediay point. It has been used for "Closer" (people newspaper)
- M6Web Tech team published an article (English version ; French version) on how they mocked a backend application while they were building the frontend one and til the backend is fianlised. Beyond the tool involved, the most important point is the "interface agreement" in which backend and frontend teams agreed on how the coming API would work and be used to avoid bad surprises as much as possible at the end.
- A visual guide to CSS3 Flexbox properties : title is self explainatory about what it is !
Responsive Web Design
[Edit 18/5, 21/5, 28/5,19/6,10/7 - Update docker tutorial list]