- Google public DNS (ie 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168) is serving a third of the worldwide DNS traffic.
- Cloudflare published a series of articles on DNSSEC (for Secure DNS) ; very interesting if you want to know more about DNS Security and DNSSEC implementation : DNSSEC, an introduction & DNSSEC, complexities and considerations.
- A good reminder about 5 ways to implement HTTPS in an insufficent manner (and leak sensitive data) ; because it's not only about SSL/HTTPS but also about cookies, posting content the right way and avoiding mixed context.
- Data inconsistencies on MySQL replicas: Beyond pt-table-checksum ; tips to identify the inconsistencies once percona tools identified the issue
- Amazon just unveiled Aurora, a MySQL compatible amazon service (within RDS line) which aims to provide a MySQL enviroment using the AWS experience in an optimum mode (multi-AZ, etc). Neat if vendor lock-in is low.
HTML5/CSS/Responsive Web Design
- 7 CSS Units you may not know about : rem, vh, vm, vmin, vmax, ex and ch. I did not know the two latter. Some more examples for the vh/vm and vmin/vmax.
- About rem and em more specially, if you want to move from a fixed approach (ie pixel one) to a more fluid/adaptive one (em/rem), you should read this article and then this one which explain the issue with pixels and the new way to manage it. You can also use em/rem for positionning content ; em/rem are not only about text.
- 5 obsolete features in HTML5: hgroups tag, pubdate and scope attributes, command and center elements. With the good way to implement them and/or some workaround if you still need them.
- RWD adoption 2014 : top 100/1000/10.000 sites are evaluated - from to what extend is RWD implemented to mobile site vs RWD benchmarks in terms of performance.
- 6 technologies that will change the web platform : asm.js, paralleljs, ECMAScript 6, web components, installable webapps, CSS Grid layout
- The state of Web Animation 2014 : Between the post-Flash area and the Web Animation API to be implemented in all browsers, a review of current challenges and polyfill to bring animations into the browsers. Comments are also worth to read to get more resources.
- If you are interested in a book about RWD, seems the latest book from A book apart may interested you : Responsible responsive web design (related review)
- Mozilla released the Firefox Developper Edition.
- If you are interested in how browser works, this is for you.
- M6 Tech team made a review of their participation to Velocity conf (day 1, day 2, day 3), a web performance oriented conference. Even if their synthesis is in French, related slides and video are in English. You can also find the one of 2013 (day 1, day 2, day 3)
- AngularJS-Learning : index lots of resource in several languages to learn AngularJS
- All about AngularJS 2.0 ; very very long but detailed review of what was said about AngularJS 2.0 at ngEurope some weeks ago.
- A summary in French in 4 parts about ngEurope : 1st half day, 2nd half day, 3rd half day and last half day, with a summary of each conference and links to slides / video when available.
- React through the ages : an interesting introduction (from origin to what's coming) about React, a JS library to build user interfaces.