- What's new in Elasticsearch 3.0 ; "Elasticsearch 2 [released in Oct 2015] was about stability and availability. Elasticsearch 3 is clearly about features" ; it's maybe too early to say if all the features will land in 3.0 or in 3.x and especially as it seems there no public roadmap (yet ?). However it's interesting to see where they tend to go.
- Elasticsearch 2.2.0, 2.1.2 and 1.7.5 released ; 2.2 release brings a query profiler, improved geo points and improved security for plugins & scripting.
- Kibana 4.4.0 is eye meltingly colorful : manage colors in your dashboard, improved security with Shield integration, url shortener and rpm/deb packages.
- Elasticsearch for Hadoop 2.2.0 and 2.1.3 releases : including especially the support of Spark 1.5.x and Spark 1.6.x
- Logstash 2.2.0 and 2.1.2 released : with a new pipeline and better architectured overall processs to improve performance.
- Beats 1.1.0 and Winlogbeat : a new beat to process Windows log event, multiline log support and improved filtering.
- Introducing the Kafka Consumer Getting started with the new Kafka 0.9 consumer client
- 290 reasons to upgrade to Apache Kafka 0.9.0 : 290 bugs were fixed in this release and some of them looks frightening and so justifying the upgrade...
- Apache Kafka Security 101 : with 0.9 release, you can enforce encryption, authorisation and authentication. The post will review what you can do with Kafka on this topics.
- Flink seems the new kid on the Hadoop ecosystem with a full streaming model opposed to streaming via micro batch with Spark. Otherwise, Flink and Spark share the same scope (but not necessary the same level of maturity for each topics) MapR published the essential guide to streaming-first processing with Apache Flink with a Flink/Kafka use case.
- Spark 2015 year in review : Databricks (core developper of Spark) made a review of 2015 : the 4 release, the features, how spark is used, etc. I was surprised to see that majority of spark usage was as a standadlone cluster and not in an Hadoop context.